Everyone has their favorite exercises. It is good to have your go-to exercises. Even better to add new exercises to your go-to list! This week, the Inward Fitness team is going to give you each of our favorite exercises. We hope you enjoy these fun new moves!
- TRX Jump Squats – It is an explosive movement that gets the quads burning
- Weighted BOSU Crunches – Good ab exercise that helps in creating a stronger core
- FM Seated Row – I feel strong when I do this exercise and works on toning the area above the bra strap
I like movements that get your heartrate up while working multiple muscle groups in one movement. These are my three favorites that give you the most bang for your buck!
I like barbell complexes.
For example, doing a power clean to front squat into a thruster then back squat into thruster.
Do 5 reps of this then rest for 1 minute…rinse…repeat for 3-5 rounds.
- RDL’s- strong hamstrings and gluts is the foundation of lower body strength- not to mention hitting those ‘target’ areas women love!
- Walking lunges- this full lower body exercise is great for shaping and a fantastic functional movement.
- Plank holds- in various positions (prone, side, reverse etc.)- because without a strong core you have nothing to build from.
- Lateral Lunges -with added movements. Such as, punching out and a halo around your head. Adding these movements while in the lateral lunge position will strengthen your balance. Furthermore, you are working your lower body and upper body!
- Walking Lunges/Hammer curl/Shoulder Press– Walking lunges are also great for balance and really work the glutes! Adding the hammer curl and the shoulder press (while in a standing position before taking you next walking lunge) adds upper body work, killing two bird with one stone!
- Stability Ball Jack Knives– This core exercise is great because once again we are working on balance! These also work on shoulder stability. Place your feet on top of a stability ball while in high plank position, tuck you knees in and back, repeat. You can make this exercise more difficult by raising your hips up instead of tucking your knees in, pike position!
Give these exercises a try! They will definitely take your workout to the next level. It’s always fun learning new exercises. Let us know what some of your favorite exercises are! As always, if you have any questions, please contact us!
Written by Jacquelyn M